Other lantern festivals
【Fo Guang Shan Lantern Festival】
Peace Lantern Festival
- Date and time: From January 25 to February 22, 2020 (8:00-22:00 daily)
- Venue: Fo Guang shan (No. 153 Xingtian Road, Dashu District, Kaohsiung City)
Spring festival arrives with warming weather and blossoming flowers; auspicious omen prevails in the year of rat!
Themed on "Tao in the world; Blessing on the earth", Fo Guang Shan is holding a month-long peace lantern festival during the Spring Festival from January 25 to February 22, 2020.
Friends and families are cordially invited to Fo Guang Shan to light the lantern, pay respect for Buddha, ring the peace bell, and experience the dharma assembly in person. At the mountain, let’s embrace the new year with the science and technology applied here.
【Gangshan Lantern Festival】
2020 Trip to Gangshan decorated with lanterns and streamers
- Date and time: From January 18 to February 9, 2020 (Light-on time: 17:00-22:00 daily)
- Venue: Gangshan Park, Gangshan District, Kaohsiung City
- The lantern area is divided into the following blocks:
(1) Flourishment and Happiness
(2) The Year of the Rat
(3) Affection and Passion
(4) Resplendent Galaxy
(5) Long-lasting Wealth
(6) Roaming among Birds
(7) Colorful Christmas
(8) Street Artist Performance (Available as of Lunar New Year’s Day for three days)
(9) Stage Performance Block (Organized by Gangshan Shoutian Temple, performance available as of Lunar New Year’s Day for five days)
(10) Local signature foods and agricultural products for sale (Organized by Gangshan Shoutian Temple)
【Cishan Lantern Festival】
2020 Cishan Advocacy Activities - New Year's Layout and Water Resources Education
1. Lunar New Year's Day Opening Ceremony: At 18:00 on January 22, 2020.
2. Activity hours: From January 22 to February 2, 2020 (1700-2200 daily)
3. Venue: Zhongshan Road (i.e. Qishan Old Street), Huazhong Street, Zhonghua Road, and Wude Temple in Cishan District.
"Light up Cishan; Embrace the Golden Rat" - New Year Lantern Opening Ceremony
1. Date and Time: At 18:00 on January 22, 2020.
2. Venue: The stage area of the Cishan Public Stadium (as illustrated).
《Cishan New Year Banana Parade》
1. Date and time: From January 22 to February 2, 2020 (1700-2200 daily)
2. Venue: Zhongshan Road (i.e. Qishan Old Street), Huazhong Street, Zhonghua Road, and Wude Temple in Cishan District.
3. The lantern area is divided into the following blocks:
(1) Guess Greeting Block
(2) Image Entrance Block
(3) Bright Lantern Block
(4) Local signature foods and agricultural products for sale (Organized by Cishan Tianhou Temple)
Located at the hub of the traffic in Cimei area, Cishan houses the terminal section of National Freeway 10, Provincial Highways 3, 28 & 29, etc. The traffic network not only provides paths to and from Cishan, but also facilitates the transportation and logistics among Neimen, Meinong, JIaxian, etc. In addition, with agricultural abundance, Cishan has earned the reputation as banana kingdom since early days. It is full of beautiful scenery, rich in cultural and geographic characteristics. In recent years, the opening of National Highway 10 has brought floods of visitors to Cishan especially during weekends and holidays. Well-known in Taiwan, Cishan Old Street boasts many highly-recommended tourist attractions, such as Baroque-style historic buildings on Zhongshan Road, Victorian-style tiny railway station, Cishan Tianhou Temple, Cishan Park, Cloud sea in Zhongliao, etc. Why not come here with friends and families to enjoy the gourmet foods and all the beauty that Cishan has to offer.
【Linyuan Lantern Festival】
2020 Rhythmic Storytelling & Lantern Festival in the Year of Rat
- Pre-Festival: From December 24 to 31, 2020 (18:00-22:00 daily)
- Date and time: From January 1 to February 16, 2020 (18:00-22:00 daily)
- Venue: Park 11, Linyuan District (opposite to No. 250, Section 2, Yanhai Road)
“2020 Rhythmic Storytelling & Lantern Festival in the Year of Rat" is held officially on January 1, 2020 (with Pre-festival running as of December 24, 2020). A lovely exclusive figurine HAPPIPLAYGROUND is waiting to be taken photos. In addition, available on-site are wish cards on which people’s new year wishes can be written by the lanterns. All are welcome to the lantern festival at Linyuan!
HAPPIPLAYGROUND, an internationally well-known figurine design team, is invited for the design of “2020 Rhythmic Storytelling & Lantern Festival in the Year of Rat", especially the main lantern, a figurine, Rich Rat, exclusive to Linyuan. The overall lantern area displays the local sea, land and air characteristics, including the elements of dragon boat, jellyfish, onion, brooms made of Taiwan Date Palm, etc. With the lovely exclusive figurine HAPPIPLAYGROUND, the lantern area is lighted up colorfully and cheerfully. In addition to the gorgeous lighting setting, during weekends there are art and cultural performances by various schools, communities, groups within Linyuan District, bringing in leisure atmosphere to the venue. Along with the Lantern Festival, there are also evening activities such as riddle guessing and gift give-away. Everyone is encouraged to come to Linyuan and enjoy the "2020 Rhythmic Storytelling & Lantern Festival in the Year of Rat” here at Linyuan.